And now, today’s Funky Winkerbean trope list. Feel free to yell “Check!” after you read each one.
- Tone-deaf strip on a solemn holiday.
- Batominc misuses a literary technique (in media res) by abruptly abandoning rather than starting a story arc in the middle.
- Les whining about how hard writing is.
- Batominc doesn’t understand something (in this case, regression toward the mean).
- Batominc’s character who is an expert on the English language mangles a common phrase (“regressing back to the mean”).
- Cayla’s worried that Les’s procrastination will prevent the big Hollywood checks from rolling in.
- Prominent falling leaf because it’s fall, y’all!
- Grotesque rendering of the human arm and hand (panel 2, Les’s right arm & hand).
- Way too many motion lines (does Les suffer from Parkinsonism?).
- Character Moai (Cayla, panel 2).